for Leadership in Personalized Medicine
The PMC Award for Leadership in Personalized Medicine recognizes an individual whose contributions in science, business, and/or policy have helped advance the frontiers of personalized medicine.
The Ninth Annual Award will be presented at the Harvard Personalized Medicine Conference on November 6, 2013. The recipient will present his or her vision of the future of personalized medicine. The conference, which serves as the Personalized Medicine Coalition's annual meeting, will take place at Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts, November 6-7, 2013.
To nominate a leader in personalized medicine for this award, please send a letter of nomination explaining how your nominee has advanced personalized medicine along with a copy of his/her bio to Tiffany Harrington. Nominations are due May 1, 2013.
Past Award Winners
- 1st Annual Award – 2005 - Janet Woodcock, M.D., Deputy Commissioner of Operations and Chief Operating Officer, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- 2nd Annual Award – 2006 - Elizabeth G. Nabel, M.D., Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- 3rd Annual Award – 2007 – Ralph Snyderman, M.D., Chancellor Emeritus, Duke University, and Founder and Chairman of Proventys, Inc.
- 4th Annual Award – 2008 - Michael O. Leavitt, Secretary of Health and Human Services
- 5th Annual Award – 2009 – Brook Byers, Managing Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB)
- 6th Annual Award – 2010 – William S. Dalton, Ph.D., M.D., President, CEO, and Center Director, Moffitt Cancer Center
- 7th Annual Award - 2011 - Leroy Hood, M.D., Ph.D., President, Institute for Systems Biology
8th Annual Award - 2012 - Randal W. Scott, Ph.D., Founder, Genomic Health Inc. and current Chairman and CEO, InVitae Corporation